Online VS Offline School Management Software
A school management software is a solution especially designed to simplify administration and supervisory procedures of any academic institute. Before going into detail, it is important to define both types of school management software solutions on an individual level.
The offline version often referred to as ERP software consists of multiple modules based on what best meets the specific needs and technical capabilities of the organization. Such type of software goes through proper installation process before running. It can be used to manage various in-house activities and tasks such as, improve accuracy of financial data, distribution process management, supply chain management, services knowledge base, facilitate better project planning, automate employee life-cycle, standardize critical business procedures, reduce redundant tasks, assess business needs, lower purchasing costs, manage payroll and so on.
The online school management software on the other hand, is similar to ERP software but the only difference it has is that it runs on cloud based technology that means via the internet. It does not require any kind of installation. The user is just provided with a username and password and the web-based software is ready to go. The major advantage it has over the offline system is that it can be run from anywhere with the availability of internet. This type of software solution is used for simplifying various administrative procedures such as school fee collection, exam management, student attendance, employee accounts, expense accounts and the list goes on.
Both the software solutions have similar specifications and also come with almost the same lineup of advantages. Everyone involved with schools such as parents, teachers, students and admins can benefit from the school management software.
School management system can provide several strategic advantages to your schools.
- It allows you to easily manage multiple campuses
- All paper related processes become automated
- Gives the admin more time to focus on various strategic tasks
- The software is customizable
- Supports multiple languages
Advantages to Management
School administrative staff can reap the following benefits:
- Effective communication between teachers, parents and students
- Gives the school a tech savvy image
- Resource optimization
- Lesser chances of errors and mistakes
- Resources can be utilized more efficiently
- Easy availability to microscopic and macroscopic information
Advantages to School Administration
Some of the key advantages to the administration department are as follows:
- Limits the overall dependency ratio
- Report generation becomes quicker and convenient
- No IT skills required for using the software
- Access to student data in seconds
- No more data redundancy
- Fast, user-friendly and highly effective
- Automated student enrollment
- Fee collection has become very easy and accurate
Advantages to Teachers
This school management system software offers several benefits to teachers such as:
- Computerized management of marks and grades
- Automated exam calculation
- Easy access to student attendance records
- School activities can be organized more efficiently
- Efficient and effective interaction with parents
- Students can be given more time and attention
- Timetable can be created before time and posted on the internet portal
- Teachers don’t have to worry about most of the paperwork anymore
Advantages to Students
- Like everyone else, students are also gaining from the school management software:
- Easy access to attendance, timetable, marks, grades and examination schedule
- Students get more time to interact with teachers as teachers are free from administrative burden.
- Lower work load on teachers increases their focus on students.
- Teachers and students can work on various extra-curricular activities together.
- SMS alert system keeps students in touch with the entire school network.
- In case of emergencies, students can be sent holiday notices via online managing system.
- Students can check their academic status anytime they want to.
Advantages to Parents
Some of the advantages of school software for parents are:
- Active participation in school activities
- Reliable update on child’s attendance, progress report and fee payment
- Helps create a healthy parent-teacher bond
- Parents can keep track of their children at all times
- Prior information about school events and holidays
Both the offline and online school management software has similar advantages but the online version can be called a more advantageous solution as it provides users with web-based access to various files, records and documents assuring the safety and security of each paper.
The online version gives students and parents the liberty to have access to various types of information such as exam schedules, appraisal reports, grade lists, school notices and fee vouchers therefore becoming a much more convenient method of school management.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!